The Chemex is one of our favorite brewers which is a heat resistant hourglass shape and is accompanied by a polished wood collar or glass handle. This is a perfect all-in-one pour over brewer developed in 1941 by Dr. Peter Schlumbohm PhD. This brewer is the ultimate everyday brewer!
- Burr Grinder
- Gooseneck Kettle
- Chemex Filters
Recipe: 45g coffee : 720g water
Grind: Medium to Course
Time: 4:20 (approx.)
- Heat Water in Gooseneck kettle to 195-205°
- Unfold and place Filter with 3 layers over the Chemex Spout
- Rinse Filter and discard water
- Pour grounds in filter and level evenly
- Place Chemex on scale, tare scale & start timer
- Pre-wet grounds w/ 75g water.
- At 0:40, slowly pour to 360g
- At 1:30, slowly pour to 480g
- At 2:10, slowly pour to 600g
- At 2:50, slowly pour to 720g
- Brew should finish at 4:20 (approx.)
- Pour into your favorite Oak & Bond mug and enjoy your perfect cup!