Ever since the French Press was invented in 1920, it has been known for creating a rich and delicious cup. Steeping coffee has been a favorite brew technique for coffee and tea for many many years and with limited brewing parts this brew technique may end up being your favorite as well.
- French Press
- Burr Grinder
- Water Kettle
Recipe: 45g coffee : 675g water
Time: 4:30 (adjust as desired)
- Heat water in kettle to 195-205° F
- Preheat carafe with water
- Discard water from carafe
- Grind 45g of coffee to a medium-coarse grind size
- Pour ground coffee into carafe
- Place carafe on scale and tare to zero
- Start timer and slowly pour 675g water to fully saturate grounds.
- At the 1:00 mark, lightly stir.
- At 4:30 place plunger on carafe and slowly press plunger down until it hits grounds at bottom.
- Pour into your favorite Oak & Bond mug and enjoy!